The Del Cerro Action Council (DCAC) is a non-profit, non-partisan, civic organization comprised of concerned citizens who live or work in the community of Del Cerro. The DCAC monitors and seeks solutions for issues affecting the Del Cerro area. Its members are dedicated to maintaining and improving the quality of life in our neighborhood. The DCAC is governed by a Board of Directors elected annually by its membership.
- To increase the cohesion of the Del Cerro community by promoting and providing for its civic, cultural, social, educational and recreational development and improvement
- To serve as a clearinghouse and forum for community issues and problems and to present these issues and problems to the community, city, county and state governments as appropriate
- To provide leadership to guide the community
- We offer an open forum where our members voice their concerns on issues facing our community. We address both challenges and opportunities by discussion and debate.
- Each meeting is highlighted with a keynote speaker or topic on issues that affect Del Cerro both directly and indirectly.
- The San Diego Police Department gives updates at every meeting on law enforcement activity in the area.
- Representatives of the City Council and other government elected officials give monthly reports.
- Our meetings also provide opportunities for members to mingle and meet their neighbors.
At least once a month I send out a Del Cerro Action Council e-News Update. To be added to this secured email list, please send email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and state you would like to receive the DCAC e-News Updates. You may also use this email address to contact the Del Cerro Action Council to request assistance with a community or city related concern, and to let us know of a community related activity or event.
Current officers as of March, 2016
Mark Rawlins Chair
Anita Colmie Vice Chair
Secretary Jay Wilson
Treasurer Michael McSweeney