Navajo Canyon Work Party (Del Cerro/Allied Gardens) 1:30PM-4:30PM
We will be watering and weeding.
Additional Project Information: *NO BATHROOMS ON SITE* Tools and gloves are provided. Please wear closed toes shoes and protection from the sun (a hat, sunscreen, etc). Bring a sufficient amount of water for yourself to drink. Volunteers must be physically able to hike on uneven terrain down into canyon during some volunteer events and perform varying degrees of manual labor. Tasks vary and can be accommodated to fit volunteer’s abilities. Events are rain or shine!
1) If you or your guest is below the age of 18, you need to have a parent or guardian sign the Liability Waiver that can be found at http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/pdf/volunteer/volunteerwaiver.pdf and bring the signed waiver to the volunteer event.
2) You are welcome to just show up to the event without prior notification if you have a group of 5 or less.
3) If you would like to sign up a group please notify me in advance.
4) You can find my volunteer events posted at http://www.sdcanyonlands.org and http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/general-info/employment/volunteer/volcalendar.shtml (At this link you can also find the liability waiver for minors under 18).
5) If you have any questions about the event let me know. If you would like to be removed from the list let me know.
Josh Lambdin, Park Ranger – City of San Diego
Park and Recreation Department
T (619) 525-8503