President Anne Brunkow called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. and led the Flag Salute.
- Minutes: The October 23, 2008 minutes were distributed and upon a motion duly made, seconded and carried, the members approved those minutes.
- Elected Official’s Reports:
Mr. Chris Pearson from Councilmember Marti Emerald’s office was introduced.
- Program: School Board Member Katherine Nakamura presented the 2009/10 school budget projection to solicit ideas on what to do about the $180 million school district budget deficit. 87% of the budget expenses are personnel and lay off notices have to be provided in March, which is too late to do. She recommended that the public speak out next Tuesday. The final budget vote is June 23rd.
- Anne gave a brief update on the SDSU 2007 EIR expansion matter. Our lawsuit with 3 other agencies was filed in early 2008 and a motion is on calendar for September. The project cannot go forward until the lawsuit is resolved.
- The annual board elections were held. The following were nominated:
President: Jay Wilson
Vice President: Anita Colmie
Secretary: Mark Rawlins
Treasurer & Membership: Michael McSweeney
There were no nominations from the floor and the nominated members were elected to serve for one-year. Anne Brunkow will continue to serve on the board as Past President, which is not a nominated position.
- Jay Wilson made a few remarks. Jay has been a resident of Del Cerro since 1976 and works at Mission Trails Foundation and the Alvarado Heath Foundation. Jay formerly worked for former councilmembers Jim Madaffer and Judy McCarty. Jay asked residents to share their concerns and issues and would like to see more neighborhood watch programs within Del Cerro and to establish a fire safety council. Jay reminded everyone to report problems to the police 619-531-2000, even if they are small.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 p.m.